Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Waverley Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
The Bower Reuse & Repair Centre Co-operative Ltd.
Collects and resells household goods items, such as furniture, bric-a-brac, and building materials. They also have a great referral service which means you can contact them for any reuse/recycling services which may be in your area and they can give you the details.
Reverse Garbage: Addison Rd and Taylor Square
Now also open at Taylor Square Darlinghurst! Reverse Garbage accepts industrial, domestic and commercial discards, reducing the amount of waste going to landfill,making them cheaply available to the community. A great place to dispose of or pick up materials for art, renovations, home, school...just about anything you can think of! A pick up service may be available. Call 9569 3132.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.