Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Southern Grampians Shire Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Hamilton Recycle Centre
Elijah Street, Hamilton adjacent to the Hamilton Landfill
Opening hours are: Monday to Friday 12.00pm – 4.00pm Saturday and Sunday 10.00am – 4.00pm Residents can bring any items suitable for re-use to the new centre, instead of paying for them to be disposed in the landfill. Items will then be available for sale and will include furniture, tools, building materials and anything that can be given a second life.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.