Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Gympie Regional Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Gympie Buy-Back Centre
Tin Can Bay Buy-Back Centre
Furniture Whitegoods E-waste (computers, televisions etc.) Lawn mowers and other gardening equipment Bric-a-brac, toys and other small items Car batteries Scrap metal Salvaged building fixtures Fishing nets/boating equipment
Gunalda Buy-Back Centre
Southside Buy-Back Centre (Gympie)
Sexton Buy-Back Centre
Sexton Waste Transfer Station, Sexton Road
Sexton QLD 4570
Furniture Whitegoods E-waste (computers, televisions etc.) Lawn mowers and other gardening equipment Bric-a-brac, toys and other small items Scrap metal Salvaged building fixtures
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.