The dates for National Recycling Week are Monday 8 to Sunday 14, November 2021. National Recycling Week provides an important opportunity for councils, workplaces, schools and individuals to improve their recycling knowledge, build better recycling habits and build trust in recycling.
This established and highly regarded annual campaign continues to educate and stimulate behaviour change, by:
- Promoting kerbside, industrial and community recycling initiatives
- Giving people the tools to minimise waste and manage material resources responsibly at home, work and school.
This year's theme is 'Recovery - A future beyond the bin'. We invite you to value your resources, giving them a second life by reducing virgin resource use, reusing and recycling. Reducing our waste not only keeps valuable materials out of landfill it also benefits the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions and our need for new materials. Reducing and reusing can also save you money at home and in the workplace.
To help you recycle right we have new information this year on:
- The recycling process - what happens to your kerbside recycling once it's picked up?
- How to recycle packaging correctly
- How to manage food waste
- How to recycle your electronic waste
For more information and to find out how to get involve visit:
For infographics, social media content and other resources check out the Resource Hub.
National Recycling Week Sponsors
National Recycling Week is made possible thanks to: