Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the City of Sydney Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
The Bower Re-use and Recycling Centre and Reverse Garbage
142 Addison Road
with other community facilities
Marrickville NSW 2204
Collects and resells household goods items, such as furniture, bric-a-brac, and building materials. See these websites for further information The Bower - www.bower.org.au Reverse Garbage - www.reversegarbage.org.au
Toy Restoration Centre
Toy Restoration Centre The Toy Restoration Centre at Jannali repairs and donates unwanted toys to disadvantaged children. Call 02 9528 4024.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.