Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the City of Darwin area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Shoal Bay Recycle Shop
Packaging materials such as plastic/aluminium/glass/cardboard or paper containers. Steel, general scrap metals, timber, furniture, batteries, appliances and white goods,household items, building materials and any other recyclable product, including computers, air conditioners and electronics. 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Sunday. Closed public holidays.
Berrimah Secondhand Building Supplies.
WE will buy secondhand building supplies for repair and resale. We love Doors, Windows, Pavers, Louvers, Drums, Water containers (ISO PODS), Steel building products including Corrogated Iron and RHS. We also love all Fencing Bits and Bobs, Chain Fencing, Pool Fencing, Gates, Mesh and Wire. We take Telstra Rope and various other ropes. We also take Kitchen Sinks and Bathtubs, Toilet Systems and Shower Screens and Security Mesh and Doors. We take Bricks of all types and Pavers, Stone and Slabs of Stone. Also accepted are External Staircases or just the Treads. We take Roof Tiles and Bathroom Tiles. We also take Vermin Mesh - Plastic and Metal.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.