Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the City of Canada Bay Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative
Acceptable items: reusable household and light commercial goods including furniture, fridges, building materials, tools, hardware, desks, electrical appliances and lots of similar stuff. For more information contact the Bower to check on acceptable items.
Acceptable items: re-usable household and commercial quantities of plastic and foam, paper and cardboard, building materials, computer parts, containers, display materials, fabrics, knick-knacks, haberdashery, leather, metals and office furniture. For more information or to arrange free pick up call Reverse Garbage on 9569 3132
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.