All Residential Properties
1. Rinse all steel and aluminium cans before placing them in the yellow lid recycling bin
2. Crush aluminium cans before putting them in.
3. Only put steel and aluminium cans in the recycling bin - all other metals can be taken to the tranfer station free of charge if the load does not consist of other waste types. Please make sure your aerosol can is empty.
4. Remove all lids from plastic and glass containers and bottles.
5. For plastics: Look for the recycling triangles 1,2,3,4,5 on your plastic bottles, containers and jars. The symbols are stamped on the bottom of most containers.
6. Do not bound or bag your newspapers or cardboard.
7. Please Please Please: NO - ceramics, garden waste, light bulbs, mirrors, window glass, drinking glass,crystal or plastic bags in the yellow lid recyling bin.
Recyclables can be dropped off free of charge at our transfer stations. (Please note: it's free of charge if you have a car load of recycling only. If you have a mixed load of recycling and garbage a fee will be charged.)
Please consider the health and safety of our recycling sorters.
Replacement Recycling Container
If you need a replacement kerbside recycling container, please contact Waste Services on 1300 692247 or complete our request form: http://www.cairns.qld.gov.au/payments/forms/waste-and-recycling.