X-ray films contain silver in the form of halides, which can be extracted and converted into pure silver.
Mail X-Rays Direct
If you have small quantities, simply place them in an envelope and post to:
1 Deeds Road, Camden Park, SA 5038
Drop off your X-Rays
Drop Off Address: 28 Metropolitan Avenue, Nunawading
Phone: 1300 745 832
Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday
Fee: No Fees Apply
Arrange a Pick-Up for Large Volumes of X-Rays
If you have x-ray volumes over 20kg, you can arrange a collection from:
- Quantum Technical Services in most areas. To find out more, contact Quantum Technical Services on 1300 247 266.
About X-Ray Recycling
- X-ray films are processed in a refinery to extract the silver.
- The x-ray films are heated using temperatures of over 1,000 degrees celsius.
- The silver is extracted and converted into a more pure silver form.
- The silver can then be reused for things such as silver solder, jewellery, the silver plating of utensils, electrical components and film manufacture.
- Ecocycle Australia and Quantum Technical Services will safely and confidentially destroy your records, however if you dispose of these yourself send just the film.