Recycling in the Blacktown City Council area
Each link below will provide you with recycling information for the Blacktown City Council area. Using any of these services can help reduce the amount of waste going to landfill and ensure you place the right thing in the right bin.
Drop-off Recycling Facilities
- Electronic Items
- May include computers, televisions and more.
- Large Recyclable Items
- May include white goods, scrap metals, concrete, bricks etc.
- Containers and/or Packaging
- Items may include paper and cardboard, aluminium and steel cans, glass bottles, plastic containers etc.
- Garden Cuttings
- Items may include tree branches, grass clippings, leaves, flowers etc.
- Hazardous Materials
- Items may include gas bottles, paints, tyres, vehicle and appliance batteries, contaminated fuels etc.
Other Waste and Recycling Services
- Council Clean Up/Hard Rubbish Collection
- Details of the collection of whitegoods and other hard rubbish objects.
- Household Hazardous Waste Service
- See what chemicals and other hazardous wastes are collected in your area.
- Worm Farms and Compost Bins
- Learn how to turn your food and scraps into great compost.
- Empty/Chemical Drums
- Details of how to correctly dispose your unwanted chemical drums.