You can now drop off your used or empty laser and inkjet cartridges at all Officeworks and JB HiFi stores and participating Australia Post, Harvey Norman, Dick Smith, The Good Guys, Office National and Office Products Depot outlets. Inkjet cartridges, toner cartridges and toner bottles from participating brands (Brother, Canon, Epson, HP, Konica Minolta, and Kyocera) are accepted. This includes cartridges used in printers, photocopiers and fax machines.
If your workplace or business has large quantities of printer cartridges to recycle, visit BusinessRecycling.com.au to find suitable collection or pick up service options.
About Printer Cartridges
- Australians throw away more than 18 million printer cartridges every year.
- This amounts to over 5,000 tonnes of material, including laser toner cartridges, inkjet cartridges, photocopier toner bottles and drums, that will eventually end up in landfill.
- When printer cartridges break apart in landfill, they have the potential to contaminate groundwater and the environment.
About Printer Cartridge Recycling
- Printer cartridges from participating brands are accepted in the 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' program. This includes inkjet cartridges, laser cartridges, toner bottles, fuser and drum units, fax rolls, print heads, waste hoppers / containers collectors and kits.
- The 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' program has recycled more than 25 million cartridges via 30,000 businesses and over 3,000 retail outlets.
- The 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' program is an example of an extended producer responsibility program. The six participating brands, Brother, Canon, Epson, HP, Konica Minolta, and Kyocera, pay for the collection and recycling of their cartridges. They are taking responsibility for the cartridges they produce.
For more information:
If your workplace consumes a lot of cartridges, you may eligible for this free cartridge recycling service. Call the 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark hotline' on 1800 24 24 73 for more information.
To find out more about printer cartridge recycling
Or visit the following websites